Sunday 2 September 2007

The Sculpture Sketch Book

Spent a little adding photos to my sketch book from Germany along with some notes and translations. Also completed a few sketches using the photos...=)
Below are two of my favourite sculptures from the holiday and my sketches of them.




I have also borrowed a couple of books from the library to start reading up on sculpture, plus reading the 3D Embroidery book. Still not sure if public sculpture fits as a subject. My tutorial has been bounced to next week as Liz and I have to fit round the rest of our life too...

In the meantime, I had arranged to meet a friend in London to see an exhibition at the V&A in the afternoon.. but now we are meeting in the morning to follow a planned walk in Poplar of the public art. I found a great web site which covers only part of London but gives you a guided walk to public sculpture. http://exploringeastlondon.co.uk/index.htm
Even if I end up changing the subject we'll still be going on the walk.... Fingers cross for clear skys !

No comments: