Friday 28 September 2007

Books and more sketches

Last week worked on more of the sketches on paper. Used really bright colours and looked at different sculptures from both Germany and UK. The dragon is still my favourite , looked at elements and worked to add more details with the stitches.
This is the sculpture I saw in Guildford Uni... The second one I have started to add detail in the back ground.
Really need to get on with the reproducing these on fabric. I can use heavier stitching as I did not want to loose the paper by over stitching !

Using birthday token from my Mother in Law , I have order from Amazon a book.
"Textile Perspectives in Mixed-media Scultpure " by Jac Scott .
The reviews are good and Amazon allows you to view a few pages. So now just waiting for it to be delivered.

No comments: