Sunday 28 October 2007

Fabric Sculpture

Been looking at fabric and folds. Started with looking at sketching folded fabric.

For these I held the fabric up on a string.

Where next with the fabric ??
Creating a sculpture. I have had my first play with the Paverpol. Messy or what !!! The jar contains a thick white gloopy liquid. You place the fabric into the gloop and work it into the fabric. Then leave it tpharden off... for THREE DAYS !!! Not used to waiting =)

This is my first piece held in place with string until it sets. Then I wondered bout mixing fabric and metal. I have plans to using the copper cloth I bought at Ally Pally... but then remembered a sheet of 0.1mm copper I had had for ages. Thus started to form the copper into the shape of a piece of fabric.
I also cut a few smaller pieces of the copper cloth. Found that like the copper sheet the copper cloth can also be molded into shapes, although
it does not have the same strength. Will have to try paverpol on it !!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

just wanted to say I'm really enjoying reading about your masterclass. great subject! have you seen cow parade... http://www.cowparade.com/AboutUs.php